I hope that with the knowledge I have gained from this course will help me to bridge the gap with children and families who come from a diverse background. I believe that by creating a welcoming and acceptable environment for all will help towards having a partnership with families in the long term. Derman-Sparks and Edward (2010) state that ensuring that every family feels welcome and comfortable creates a crucial foundation for mutually respectful relationships.” My goal for the field of early childhood field is to advocate for regulations, policies, laws, and training that are geared towards improving issues on diversity, equity, and social justice. Passion and commitment help to drive my commitment to work towards bettering the early education field to serve the child, family, and the community.
To my classmates and Dr. Parrish, I would like to say thank you. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement through our weekly discussion and blog posts. I learned a lot about each of you and the wonderful acts and deeds that you have contributed to the early childhood field. Good luck to everyone and your future endeavors.
Reference:
Derman-Sparks, L., & Edwards, J. O. (2010). Anti-bias
education for young children and
ourselves. Washington, DC: National Association for the
Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
I like that you mention that serving the child is serving the family and community too. I feel that people often forget we are all in this together so the better we serve individuals the better off we will all be!
ReplyDeleteTiffany Hart https://lifelonglearner219372253.wordpress.com
Delete