Relationship/partnership
are important to me because I can remember as a child I would always come home
and tell my Grandmother about all the friends I had at school. She would tell
me that those were just my associates and that I only really had a few friends.
I never really understood what she was telling me until I got older and
understood the value of a friendships/relationships. I mentioned this story because
it contributes to the reasons the why relationships/partnerships are important
to me. Having a sense belonging and having a connection with others. They are there
to provide a listening ear during good and bad times, provide encouragement,
and be supportive.
Granny
She is always there to
provide unconditional love and support. Gives her opinion about my life and the
decisions (in love) I make. When I
encounter hardships and discouragement, she always takes the time to pray for me. Nothing
compares to a Grandmother’s love she provides me with everything. I am the
woman I am today because of her.
The Girls
I have different
relationships with both of them. Marni(right) is the crazy friend, and Neise (left) is the calm, rational one of the group. Together there is never a dull moment, and
we always have a good time. Marni is in the military and understands the challenges I encounter being in
the military. Niese is an educator, and girls track coach. Through my relationships
with them, I connect with them on a
personal and professional level. I seek out their advice and guidance about my
current field of employment and my future field of
education.
My Furbabies
Even though they are animals,
I have an important
relationship with them. It is fulfilling to come home from a long day at work
to have them be happy and excited to see me. They provide an unjudgmental and
unconditional love and affection. They only want a little but give so much back
in return.
My experiences through
the different types of relationships/partnerships I strive to assess each of
them to ensure they are having a positive
impact in all aspects of my life. I believe that through my experiences with
different partnerships in the military has greatly prepared me for being an
effective early childhood professional. I constantly
encounter various people from all different walks of life, and as a leader,
I must learn about each person and know how to employ each of their skills and abilities
to accomplish missions. As an early
childhood educator, I will be charged with learning about each of my
students and know how to teach in order to
reach of their learning abilities.


Great post! I like your grandmother's comment "those are just associates". I definitely think that is a good term for our "friends" we have as very young children in elementary school. Those "friends" really haven't been around enough to prove their worth. You definitely learn who your friends are as you go through life; especially when you are down. True friendships last through ups and downs and often can be picked up where they are left off no matter how much time has passed. It is great that your Grandmother was around to teach you all those life lessons. And thank you for your service to our country!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I like your grandmother's comment "those are just associates". I definitely think that is a good term for our "friends" we have as very young children in elementary school. Those "friends" really haven't been around enough to prove their worth. You definitely learn who your friends are as you go through life; especially when you are down. True friendships last through ups and downs and often can be picked up where they are left off no matter how much time has passed. It is great that your Grandmother was around to teach you all those life lessons. And thank you for your service to our country!
ReplyDeleteHello Ashley!
ReplyDeleteI think that it is wonderful that you have friendships with individuals that you can connect with on a personal level as well as a professional level. Having at least on healthy relationship within all aspects of your life creates a great support system for you. Thank for sharing such a detailed description of your relationship with your grandmother. Grandmothers provide us with the utmost wisdom!!! Like you I value the relationship and advice that my grandmother shared with me when she was here. Fantastic post!!!