Sunday, September 30, 2018

My Connections to Play

Quotes that summarize what play represented in my childhood

 
Pictures of essential play items from my younger self
 
1. Easy Bake Oven- I love to my Granny cook but the easy bake oven allowed me to create my own little cakes and other desserts.
2. Barbie Dolls - I love dressing them up, redesign their clothes and other accessories. I still have some of my dolls at my Granny's house.
 
 Play Today
I think that play today is very different from play when I was a child. I can remember as a child playing outside with the other children in the neighborhood. When I was a child my mother and grandmother encouraged (really made) my brother and I go out and play. Even back then we had video games such as the Nintendo and Sega Genesis. My brother and I enjoyed playing them both, but we liked playing outside even more. We played games like tag, four square, and kickball ball. By interacting and playing with other children we learned and developed a variety of educational and life skills from the different forms of play. The children of today do not engage in same styles of play because of technology. Technology has provided a different type of play, and I believe it still develops them in many ways but can still be damaging if not monitored and controlled.
The role of play from my childhood to adulthood has influenced my life in many ways. Still today I enjoy playing and exploring. Play does not have to stop because I am an adult I believe that it takes on a different form but still considered play. I still engage in cooperative, competitive, and solitary play during my daily work tasks with my colleagues.
 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley!

    I remember having a babie doll just like the one you posted. I named her "Daisy" and I would take her every where with me. I liked the fact the adults in your like adults in your like encouraged outdoor play. When children play outside it one way enhance their imagination and physical abilities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Wordle_Time Will Tell