Sunday, September 29, 2019

Communicator


         The two people that I chose to evaluate my communication style were my mother, Paula, and my significant other Vidal. Both of them completed all three quizzes, but there were a few questions on the communication anxiety quiz that they did not know, so they asked me. Coincidently enough they had the same scoring for each of the questionnaires. The one that was different was verbal aggressiveness scale was significant, where I scored as moderate.  I learned from their perspectives that I can be verbally aggressive and argumentative. That has resulted in them feeling attacked and be personally hurt or offended by my words, actions, and behavior. My mother stated that I sometimes talk to her like she is in the military. In what she described as by being assertive when I tell her things or when I want her to do something. With my significate other I do not always argue in a healthy manner. I often let things build and then blowup about a variety of issues.This week's assignment helped to shed light on some areas of communications that I need to work on improving.

1 comment:

  1. hello ashley
    Thanks for sharing about your communication test. I had similar results with Aggression test. I didn't realize that I was a more aggressive speaker and that is something I need to work on as well.

    ReplyDelete

Wordle_Time Will Tell