Sunday, September 22, 2019

Communicating Differently

Over the last few weeks of this course, it has made me take a hard look at how I communicate with people both personally and professionally. I believe that I do communicate differently with people based on the situation and circumstances of the individual. For example, I communicate a certain way with my family and friends that I would not communicate with my boss at work. I can only think of a few instances where I would communicate differently with a person or group based on their culture and that would be based on military missions or tasks. The military is very mindful of other countries and people’s cultures. Ensuring that we do not offend or discriminate against them. With every mission, we go through a culture briefing and are given pamphlets of information to be mindful of at all times. As a result, making it easier to communicate with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle_Time Will Tell