When I read about the implementation of universal pre-kindergarten in states such as Oklahoma, Florida, and Georgia, I thought to myself this is a great program to help close the educational gap between underprivileged and privileged families and children (Bird, 2013). I believe the universal pre-k will help to level the education foundation for all children alike. I know and understand how important it is to have an education and how vital those early years in a child’s educational journey are that will have an impact on their future. I have been motivated to read as much as I can find about this new program and monitor the research about it, and it continues to develop. Constructing the research chart during this week help me to gain insight into the research terminology and the many manners into how research is designed and constructed.
References:
Bird, K. (2013, May 28). Universal pre-K: what is it and why
does it affect me? Retrieved
Hi Ashley. I am a supporter of standardized Pre-K in the United States also. There is a lot of differences in each state when it comes to the rules, funding and population served in Pre-K programs. I live in a state that lacks enough standardized Pre-K to serve all families. I would love to read your research when complete.
ReplyDeleteLisa Butterworth