Professionals in early
childhood education share the same passion and drive towards helping and
developing children. Over the last eight weeks,
I was able to gain information about trends and issues within the EC community
from an international standpoint through researching different organizations in
other counties. I learned that there are many issues EC professionals are battling
to bring awareness to with lawmakers/ policymakers with the hope of changing
the perspective of the EC education. I
chose the following consequences:
1.
Awareness- I learned that issues within the
early childhood community are a global issue. Such as quality care, diversity, and
availability. Professionals and families
everywhere want a good quality of education
for their children. Issues such as funding, resources, policies, EC
professionals, and availability are things that can hinder or help a program be
successful EC program.
2.
Advocacy-Through the awareness I gain from the
course, my classmates, and my professor has motivated me to become more involved
in programs within my local community and internationally. Advocacy is a way of
bringing attention to countries and current issues that plague EC educational programs.
3.
Equality-
Having an equal opportunity to earn and achieve a high-quality education is
something I learned is not equally available to children and families. In some countries, there are cultural rules that
sometimes play a part in whether or not a child receives an education. In
some villages in Africa, young girls stay at home with their mothers to work
instead of going to school to get an education. There is also a lack of
knowledge of government programs and subsidies that can assist families in
enrolling their children in high-quality programs.
My goal is to coordinate to visit
local schools or child care facilities when I travel to other countries. By
doing this, I will be able to talk with
other EC professionals to gain knowledge of their educational system. I also
think it would be great to build relationships/partnerships with international
EC professionals.
What an amazing opportunity to be able to visit other countries and learn about their early childhood practices. I wish you well in your travels and studies.
ReplyDeleteI to believe strongly in advocacy. It is a way to be the voice for our children and families.
ReplyDeleteSuch an incredible goal, I wish you well with that it will be a wonderful experience.