Throughout my experience of working in groups, they can be helpful in the concept of learning about people that you may not have interacted with on a daily and developing friendships from working together.
On the flip side of working in a group, it can be difficult and overwhelming due to the lack of effort or contributions of others. I personally do not think that it is hard to walk away from a group because the groups where you develop connections and friendships
you can always leverage those people and their expertise when needed. Also, in my experience groups that have defined roles and responsibilities help to provide structure to the process of completing the goals of the project. These roles influence the process
and outcomes of the group interactions (O’ Hair, Wiemann, Mullin, &Teven, 2018).
Being apart of the military I have experienced a number of adjourning. Each time is different from the last because you develop a certain type of bond that can not be mimicked. The last position I worked in we had a great work ethic and team cohesion. When
it came time for each person to leave, we would have a farewell luncheon and present that person with a parting gift.
I think when the time comes to adjourn from my colleagues from this master’s degree program it will be a bittersweet experience. Over the last few months and years, we all have grown and developed into great educators that are ready to go out into the world
to educate the young people of tomorrow. I believe that we can each find gratitude in knowing that we have all helped to better develop, educate, and mentored one another over the time spent within each course.
Reference:O'Hair, D., Wiemann, M., Mullin, D. I., & Teven, J. (2018). Real communication: An introduction (4th. ed). New York: Bedford/St. Martin's.
Hello Ashley
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your experiences with adjourning. I completely understand how relationship bonding is affected by you having to relocate. I hope you have had opportunities to reconnect with people you have seperated from.