Sunday, July 21, 2019

Perspectives on Diversity and Culture

     I talked to my boyfriend whom and he defined culture as characteristics of a group of people from a certain location and diversity as differences in individuals.  Next, I as one of my co-workers defined culture as the heritage shared within a certain nationality or group of people. Last, I asked my mother and her response to culture was it is the makeup things such as language, food, and religion shared between a family or group of people.  All three shared the same answer about diversity.
    Based on the responses I received about culture and diversity they are in line with the different concepts we have learned about in the last couple of weeks. The media segment with the three-panelist stated that culture is a set of different characteristics and how culture is intertwined in almost everything we do on a regular basis. Exploring the different perspectives of other people’s views showed that we do not put thought into how important culture and diversity impact and influence us. With each person, I took the time to share the different things I have learned in the course about the readings and about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle_Time Will Tell