I do not have any children and never been a part of a birthing experience. So, I decided to ask my
mother about my birthing experience, and
she gave me her perspective. She went into labor on the night of the 22 November, and she
was scared because she was unsure if she
was going to be able to have a vaginal birth or by cesarean. Upon her arrival
at the hospital, the doctor informed her
that my heart rate was in distress and
that she would have to have an emergency c-section. On the morning of 23 November 1983, she welcomed
a beautiful baby girl weighing 6 pounds
and 18inches long.
Birthing Experience in Turkey
I choose the country of Turkey to discover how the birthing experience is in that country. I learned that most of the country child birthing experiences are conducted in a hospital environment. There are specific areas within remote locals where licensed midwives are available help pregnant woman to give birth (“Birth Traditions,” n.d.). There are a variety of practices that some of the midwives do to help induce labor such as putting the pregnant woman on the back of another woman and shaking her or making a pregnant woman jump down from a high place. These are practices that are not conducive to medical training or practices within the United States.
Birth Traditions. (n.d.). Retrieved from
http://www.turkishculture.org/lifestyles/ceremonies/birth/birth-traditions-216.htm?type=1
No comments:
Post a Comment