Sunday, April 1, 2018

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

Erik H. Erikson

“A child playing by himself may find amusement in the play world of his own body his fingers, his toes, his voice, constituting the periphery of a world which is self sufficient in the mutual enchantment of its parts.”
From the Book Clinical Studies in Childhood Play
"The golden rule obviously concerns itself with one of the very basic paradoxes of human existence. Each man calls his own a separate body, a self-conscious individuality, and a personal awareness of the cosmos; and yet he shares this world as a reality also perceived and judged by others and as actuality within which he must commit himself to ceaseless interaction."
From the book The Golden Rule and the Cycle of Life
 
Maria Montessori
“An adult who loves children but unconsciously condemns them inflicts upon them a secret sorrow which is a mirror of his own mistakes.”
From the Book The Secret of Childhood
 
Leticia Lara
"So part of my passion and in terms of my professional knowledge and why I entered the helping profession was because at a young age, I realized that families need support.
From the media segment
Louise Derman-Sparks
"When I grew up, I want to be a teacher because I had just a built-in passion that it was important to make a real contribution in the world and to fix all the injustices that existed in the world. I wanted to do it through teaching.
From the media segment
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley,
    Erik Erikson was a strong man in the realm of education in his time. I enjoy his theory of education and love your quote. "A child playing by himself may find amusement in the play world of own body," is something else when describing a baby learning his own body.
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Wordle_Time Will Tell